Overview | Start or Renew a Chapter | | Student Chapter of the Year Award | SCOTY Award
View a list of the AAPS student chapters and a larger version of the map here. Or, click on this Word version of the chapter list.
Welcome to the AAPS Student Chapter Page! AAPS student chapters enable students to:
- increase their awareness of career opportunities in the pharmaceutical sciences,
- gain access to educational opportunities where they will learn various aspects of drug development,
- take advantage of opportunities for professional advancement and leadership development,
- enhance their knowledge of the latest advances and discoveries in the pharmaceutical sciences, and
- participate in AAPS outreach activities at the local, regional, and national levels.
Start or Renew an AAPS Student Chapter
Already an AAPS student chapter? Make sure to renew your student chapter documents yearly. The renewal due date is November 1. The renewal period closes December 15 and stipends will be deposited or wired by January 15. Incomplete packets will not be accepted/reviewed after December 15 and stipends will not be issued for incomplete or late renewal packets. Please see the Student Chapter Renewal Process (posted under "Renew Chapter") for a summary of required steps.
Start Chapter Renew Chapter
Are you interest in learning more about student chapter management? Review Nuts & Bolts of Chapter Management (PPT) to learn the basics.
Back to top
Student Chapter of the Year Application
The AAPS Student Chapter of the Year (SCOTY) Awards recognize student chapters that have provided exceptional service and outreach to their members and the organization.
The top Student Chapter Award recipient receives $500 USD, the second place Student Chapter Award recipient receives $300 USD, and the third place Student Chapter Award recipient receives $200 USD. All monies are to be used at the chapter’s discretion for a group activity. The winners will be announced at the AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition Student Chapter Chairs meeting.
Submission Deadline: The 2017 deadline will be: June 15, 2017. Late applications will not be considered. The portfolio should be sent to Kate Chutuape.
2016 SCOTY Winners
- 1st Place: University of Maryland-Baltimore
- 2nd Place: Albany College
- 3rd Place: South Dakota State University
- Honorable Mentions: University of Texas-Austin and University of Kentucky
Back to top
Have questions? Check out the Students FAQ and the Student Resources page for more help or contact Kate Chutuape or +1.703.248.4737.
Back to top