AAPS Strategic Plan
The graphic below provides a framework for capturing the key, high-level elements of the AAPS strategic plan: mission, vision, and values.
- The purpose of the plan is to consolidate and summarize the key elements of our strategic direction so that all key AAPS stakeholders can understand, and effectively communicate, our priorities.
- The mission statement defines the organization’s fundamental reason for being, while the vision statement seeks to outline what success looks like. The values are an organization’s nonnegotiable tenets and beliefs.
- Strategic goals serve as broad statements of what AAPS most wants and expects to accomplish over the next several years. The goals will be supported, in each case, by a handful of more specific objectives that further define specific accomplishments to pursue within the plan horizon (three to five years).
- Strategic objectives are sufficiently broad to guide a three- to five-year program of work from which the organization can test and respond to various findings. They provide direction for an ongoing series of experiments and investments that serve to support the broader goals and desired outcomes of the organization.
Strategic Plan Goals and Key Points
AAPS' strategic plan has four, main goals.
- Science—Advance scientific discovery, exchange, and learning
- Outreach—Work to increase awareness and understanding of the role and positive societal impact of pharmaceutical scientists
- Members—Expand professional development offerings to meet members’ needs throughout their careers
- Global—Foster AAPS’ global community
Support AAPS' Mission
Would you like to learn how you may support AAPS' mission to advance the capacity of pharmaceutical scientists to develop products and therapies that improve global health? Visit our Volunteer Opportunities
webpage to explore a variety of ways to help pharmaceutical scientists learn and grow.
For a full-sized image of the graphic, click here.
We encourage you to utilize the following document to communicate the AAPS Strategic Plan with your colleagues: